Sunday, August 28, 2022

Celebrating the Birth of Mary

 Thank you to those who have already turned in their Faith Development Plan.  Please be sure to turn those in to my mailbox by Friday, Sept. 2.  I can see how you were inspired by Fr. Anthony at the retreat in completing your plans.  Many have incorporated the idea of the 3X5 daily prayer and that peace comes from knowing God.  A couple of you have mentioned the book Set the World on Fire.  I would suggest sharing that you are reading the book and possibly meet a few times for a book study/reflection.  I did this one year with a few teachers (until Covid stopped us short), and found it helped me keep on track with my plan.  Many also mentioned having check-ins to stay on track with your plan.  I will incorporate that into my blog a few times throughout the year and also ask the priests to join us at meetings throughout the year to continue to inspire us.  

This year, our first St. Vincent de Paul collection will take place from Sept. 8 - 16.  The organization has struggled to meet the needs of the community and Fr. Dermot has asked Faith Formation and the School to do a collection early in the year.  Sept. 8 is the Feast of the Nativity of Mary.  As we celebrate her birth, we will remember to ask her intercession for those in need.  I would like us to pray the Memorare each morning on the Morning Show Sept. 8-16 and have the students include petitions that the needs of those who are struggling will be met by our generosity.  I will put it in Tidbits this Thursday and I ask that you promote this with your students.  The theme of the Collection will be Help Feed the Children of Mary. Mary was a lowly handmaid but, by the grace of God, her soul magnifies the Lord, and she became the Mother of God and our mother too.  It is our responsibility to honor our Heavenly Father and our spiritual mother.  What better way to honor our mother but to help her children who are struggling at this moment in their lives.  

For those who are new to St. Stephen, the St. Vincent de Paul Society provides food to the community.  People are able to come every Friday to pick up bags of food.  You probably see them in their golf carts on Friday between the FLC and portable.  

Friday is a noon dismissal and teachers will meet in the Media Center at 1:00 pm.  Our Professional Development will be i-Ready and GoGuardian.  More details to follow.

Have a wonderful week!  


Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not my petitions, but, in your mercy, hear and answer me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...