Sunday, May 2, 2021

Happy Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week! Even the President says so...

 "NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim May 4, 2021, as National Teacher Appreciation Day and May 2 through May 8, 2021, as National Teacher Appreciation Week.  I call upon all Americans to recognize the hard work and dedication of our Nation's teachers.  


Please know that you are very much appreciated, this year more than ever.  I know how hard everyone has worked this year and the end is almost in sight.  

I heard some good news at my principal's meeting on Friday.  Next year, all students will be expected to attend school in person.  If some cannot attend temporarily with documented good reason, there will be a virtual option available for them through the Diocese of Miami that will allow the student to remain a student of St. Stephen yet it will require no work from our teachers.  The program has also been approved for scholarship students.  The superintendent is planning to create another committee like last year to develop a reopening plan for August.  If anyone is interested in serving on the committee, please let me know and I will forward your name.  The plan is for the committee to meet early in June.  

For now, if anyone asks about next year, here is what to say, "Our goal is to return to normal as soon as possible while keeping students and employees safe.  Decisions about masks and our reopening plan will be made in the summer.  Please do not say anything about in-person learning.  I have been mentioning it in Tidbits and in emails to FLP parents and I will continue to let parents know our plan.  You may direct parents to me with questions.  

At Wednesday's Mass, the 8th Graders will be crowning Mary.  I will be taking the entire 8th-grade class to church during FLEX time on Tuesday in order to practice with them.  If you went to church this weekend you saw how beautiful the new Mary statue looks on the altar.  Something else that was beautiful in church this weekend was our 2nd-grade class receiving First Holy Communion.  Everyone looked beautiful and Fr. Dermot gave a very beautiful homily to all the Communicants.  Thank you to Krista C. for taking pictures!

Tomorrow is a STREAM Faculty Meeting.  All teachers should attend as we have two important pieces of business to complete.  

Have an extra fabulous week everyone!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...