Sunday, March 8, 2020

Spring Ahead

Good morning (maybe afternoon).  Waking up was difficult this morning as was driving to Mass in the dark, but I'm sure sunshine at 7 pm tonight will be nice.  Thank you, everyone, for your support during Terra Nova testing.  I also want to thank everyone for making the school smell like Clorox wipes.  I am not an alarmist in situations like this; however, we do need to take extra measures to keep the school germ-free.  I say this not specifically because of the coronavirus, but because we have had a lot of students going home ill.  I will continue to remind parents to keep their children home when they are sick. This goes for employees too.  Children were not the only ones sent to the nurse's station to have their temperature taken.  At our faculty meeting tomorrow, I will go over some additional measures we should be taking.  Tomorrow's faculty meeting is important and it is very important that everyone attend.  If you are out sick, I will meet with you during a planning period to go over what you missed.  

This week's happenings:
Monday is Holy Card Free Dress
Gina will be out on Tuesday
Principal's coffee on Wednesday
Friday is St. Patrick's/green shirt and jeans/pe shorts day

Friday is PD for teachers starting at 12:30.  Bring your lunch to the Makerspace and we will finalize our ideas for next year's theme and song.  After that we will break up to grade writing prompts (Gina, Susana, Sue, Maria, Traci, Galy, Christa, Suzanne, Emily, David, Heather, Jamie S.), work on the yearbook (Julianne), work on graduation (Jennifer, Linda), special projects (Linda, Amy, Lisa, Charles, George, Alton - see me to discuss).  PreK can spend some extra time disinfecting toys :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...