Sunday, April 8, 2018

Happy Easter!


Image result for the lord has risen alleluia  Happy Easter and welcome back.  I hope everyone had a good break and you are feeling refreshed and ready to fly through the next 7 weeks.  Be sure to keep focused on the things you need to accomplish. 
I received the results from the Iowa Assessment over break.  At first I was disappointed in the scores, but then when I looked at the comparison to last year, most grades made progress in both Math and Lang. Arts.  I will be interested to see how this progress compares to iReady scores and if the growth or lack of growth is seen in the same grades with iReady.  Two things were clear in the results... Math in Focus has the potential to improve Math scores when used consistently.  Lang. Arts scores will improve when students are consistently presented with direct instruction in all aspects of Lang Arts, particularly grammar.  We all need to be unified in our approach to instruction and our commitment to infusing rigor into our curriculum.  Jamie will share codes on Monday so that you can look at your scores.  Your students' progress on the Iowa will be include in your Summative Evaluation and used for writing goals for next year.  
I will complete the second observation during the month of April and meet for Summatives in May.  This second summative will be unannounced.  Please be sure Atlas is up to date and it's clear what you are working on each week.  
ACs were installed over break.  I believe they installed 4 air conditioners and we still have one more large one to put in this year.  I'm anxious to see the results of our Raffle which will help offset these costs.  
At our faculty meeting on Monday, Nathan and Heather will bring us up to date on grading and instruction from their recent Instructional Coach's meeting.  I will share news from my latest Principal's meeting.  
Finally, if you haven't heard already, It was announced earlier this week that Fr. Curtis will be leaving us this summer.  He has been assigned to Christ the King Parish.  We will be getting a newly ordained priest, Timothy Williford.  He will be ordained on May 19 and will be joining us some time this summer.  Deacon Timothy spent this past summer at Christ the King Parish and it appears he's a musician.  I look forward to the gifts he will bring. 
Have a Blessed Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...