Sunday, March 18, 2018

In Your Easter Bonnet...


Image result for easter bonnetWith all the frills upon it.  You'll be the grandest lady in the Easter Parade.  Published in 1933 by Irving Berlin and sung by Judy Garland in Easter Parade.  This song always comes to mind as we approach Easter.  I also remember my mother taking me shopping for my Easter dress and it always came with a straw Easter Bonnet.  And white gloves too!  I have great memories of holiday family traditions many of which have gone by the wayside as my family scattered all over the country.  I hope you all have special memories that you treasure -- some that you may keep, and new ones that you may be creating with your own families.  


I am going to include the next two weeks in this blog as I am planning to be blogless next weekend.  I will be spending the weekend at USF watching Prince compete in the UFE Liberty Fitness and Bodybuilding Competition, then relaxing and enjoying my birthday.  It's a rare occurrence, but I'm taking a weekend off from work! 

This week's happenings....

Tuesday I will be at a Marketing Development workshop with Nicki and it is spring picture day.  Please refer to Karen's email for the schedule. 

Friday I am at an Admin Meeting at the Bethany.

Next week's events....

Monday is a faculty meeting.  Here are the plans for this meeting from my blog two weeks ago. 

March 26 will be a grade level PLC meeting to discuss: religion standards and making sure all are covered at some grade level (Gr. K-5), discussion of how the safe environment standards are being incorporated (Gr. K-5), retention/remediation (MS), Lent retreat final details (MS), other topics as needed (all grades).  Teachers will meet as follows:  Middle school - Julianne, Jennifer, Katie, Kasey, Kelly G.  Elementary -  Kelly M., Krista, Nathan.  Early Childhood - Sue, Susana, Kim, Maria, Heather, Julie, Elaine.  Teachers in Gr. K-5 should meet with your partners during joint planning to discuss any plans to work together for the Lent Retreat and possible retention/ remediation.  In addition, Julianne and Jennifer should meet to review religion and safe env. benchmarks.  Be sure to share all minutes of meetings with Charles and me.  Middle school may choose to meet during lunch (please let me know the day and time).  The other groups must meet that Monday afternoon.  Charles and I will join you so let us know where you are meeting. 

Wednesday is Field Day

Thursday is the school Lenten Retreat.  If you recall I gave teachers a half-day PD schedule at the beginning of the year.  In order to have half days, there must be something scheduled for teachers in the afternoon.  For this half-day I schedule a retreat for us.  My plan is to provide a simple lunch and combine that with a retreat.  I do not imagine we will be here beyond 2 p.m.  Only teachers are required to attend. 

Here are some things to do before we go on break:

  • Have students clean out lockers and desks
  • Clean desk and table tops
  • Clean whiteboards
  • Straighten up your office

When we return after Easter, time will fly so be prepared for everything that must get done before we end the school year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...