Sunday, April 15, 2018

Celebrations


Image result for eggs benedictmona, lisa, portrait, world, art, day

I was looking for an interesting title for this post and I googled "what celebrations were happening this week."  I knew that April 15 is typically tax day.  What I didn't know is that April 15 is also National That Sucks Day, mostly because it is usually tax day and it's the day that the Titanic sunk.  I then read on to discover so many interesting celebrations this week like National Mushroom Day and Blah, Blah, Blah Day.  There's also Pet Owners Independence Day which no one is really sure about but it was suggested that it's the day your pet goes to work for you and you sit home.  There's also National Eggs Benedict Day and Stress Awareness Day.  That day is April 16, the day after taxes... no surprise there.  I decided the one we should celebrate is World Art Day.  World Art Day is an international celebration of the fine arts.  The goal is to appreciate art in general, and to spread world-wide enthusiasm and awareness for the arts.  So share some art... maybe a painting of a pet, a mushroom or possibly eggs benedict.  


We are adopting a new phonics program in grades K-2 next year and the prof. dev. for this program is tentatively scheduled for May 14-15 and May 21-22.  This was not my preference for it to be on school days but it's out of my hands.  A number of teachers, support teachers, etc. will be attending.  I am telling you all this because we may run into a problem with finding enough Subs as there are already other teachers approved to be out on some of those days.  Therefore, please understand if we ask you to help out on those days.  It may mean giving up one planning period to cover a class.  We try very hard to avoid this, but this is a unique situation.  Thank you for understanding.  
I will be away from school for most of next week at a school accreditation visit on the west coast. I will be back next Thursday and out again Friday for an administrator's meeting.  No crazy parties while I'm gone. I can always be reached by email, but may not be available to reply right away.  I will not be putting up a blog next Sunday.  I will also need someone to take over leading the 33 Days discussion on Google Hangouts for Saturday, April 21 through Wednesday, April 25.  I will pick it up again on Thursday, 4/26.  
Reminders...  Put in your School Dude requests for next year by May 1.  Be sure your lesson plans are up to date.  Friday is a half day and we will have a meeting.  This was scheduled to be a textbook meeting, but we have addressed most of those concerns.  We will have PLC meetings with a focus on Iowa scores and Math/ELA curriculum.  I will give more direction tomorrow as far as what to bring to the meeting.  We will start right at 12:30 so we can end early.  Bring your lunch with you.  I will visit all meetings.  
Math:  Maria, Nathan, Krista, Kelly G., Melissa, Charles (Office conference room)
ELA:  Gina, Susana, Sue, Kim, Heather, Kelly M., Katherine, Jamie S., Julie, Elaine (Art Room)
Other assignment: Julianne, Jennifer, Jamie G., Derrick, George (please see me) 
Enjoy your week!  















No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...