Monday, January 15, 2024

“We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.”

I hope everyone has enjoyed the long weekend.  I was looking for a short MLK Jr. quote for the blog title and I found one that made sense to me in a lot of ways.  I know he was speaking about America and how we all came from many places and got here in different ways, but I think we can bring it down to a day to day level of where we are.  We all came to St. Stephen for different reasons and at different times but here we are. Even though the people on the boat changes from time to time, I believe what makes this boat special is that regardless of all that, we DO work together to make the journey on our boat the best it can be.  There is no other boat I would rather be on.  

This is Mustang Writes week and next week is i-Ready.  This is a great opportunity for our students to show us how much they have grown this year.  When preparing the students, let them know that this is their chance to show off how brillliant they are!  Not too much else is happening until the end of the month when we celebrate Catholic Schools Weeks.  Please remember that we are about a month away from the end of the trimester and there should be no surprises for parents when they see the report card.  

Have a wonderful week and keep rowing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...