Sunday, January 7, 2024

Happy New Year!

 I wish everyone a year filled with joy and blessings.  At today's Mass, Fr. Lou talked about the Epiphany and epiphanies we have in our own lives.  I certainly had an epiphany over the past month that this that I probably can never retire.  Being at home was difficult.  The furniture did not respond when I spoke to it.  I am ready to be back at school and I can't wait to see everyone.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  

This week is a quiet week in terms of events and a good time to review classroom rules and expectations to start the new year.  The weeks following get busy with Mustang Writes, i-Ready, and Catholic Schools Week.  Mary will be discussing these upcoming events at the faculty meeting on Monday.  The CSW committee should be prepared to present the events for the week at the meeting and David should talk about what to expect with the Penny Wars that week.  

Once i-Ready is completed, it important that teachers are meeting with Mary regarding any students that are in danger of retention or needing remediation over the summer.  We would like to get the letters out to parents by the end of the month.

Thank you all for not letting the school burn down while I was gone and a special thank you to Mary who I know was very busy being both Principal and Assist Principal.  Have a wonderful week!











No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...