Sunday, August 6, 2023

Love 'em and Lead 'em

 When I sat down to write my blog this evening, I kept returning to the words that I heard last week from some of our new employees.  They spoke about the welcoming environment of our school and how everyone has been so kind to them.  Hearing these words made me smile.  When I interview potential employees and they ask about the climate and culture of our school, this is the thing I talk about most, the fact that we are a family and you all proved me right once again.  I am so very grateful to all of you and how you all take the time to welcome everyone.  By demonstrating real love through our actions, our school becomes a place where people thrive.  Please continue on this path and bring this love to all the students who will walk through the door in just a few days.  Children look up to us and we have a responsibility to treat them with kindness and respect in a world where at times others make them feel inadequate.  Remember to:

  • Address them by name and learn their interests
  • Know their dreams and goals
  • Celebrate them recognizing their progress and achievements
  • Believe in them assuming the best
In the words of Frederick Douglass, "It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men."  Make a difference as a life builder, Love 'em and Lead 'em!

Monday is our ClearTouch training for all teachers.  As a reminder, the first wave of panels will be going into Grades K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6A, and 7.  Even if you are not the teacher assigned to these rooms, it is important that everyone become familiar with how they work as we will continue to purchase them for every room in the school.  The second purchase will be for 6B and 8th grade as well as two panels that will lay flat.  It may need to wait until after our November fundraiser, or maybe sooner if I can inspire parents to donate funds after they see how awesome these are.  Be sure to incorporate them into your back-to-school presentations.  There will then be a third purchase in the spring and their locations are to be determined.  

Open House is Tuesday from 3-4 pm.  New families will be invited to an orientation from 2:30-3:00 in the media center.  It is VERY important that your classroom doors remain closed and locked until 2:55 pm at which time you should open them in anticipation of the arrival of all parents.  We will do our best to ensure no one enters the building beyond the media center until 3 pm.  However, last year some did slip by us and made their way to open rooms.  Please do not let anyone in until at least 2:55, even if they bring you flowers and chocolates!  

You may be wondering about the security officer we will be getting.  I have been in contact with the superintendent all summer on this topic.  Our school is included in the contract with the security company and we will have an officer.  I do not have any information on who that will be as there has been a good deal of negotiation that went into drawing up the contract.  However, I am told that we will have someone here on the first day.  Please know that I am doing everything I can to make this happen and I will communicate this to parents this week.  

Have a wonderful 
week and a great 
First Day of School!


No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...