Sunday, April 23, 2023

The End is Near

 I'm not sure where this year has gone and I can't believe there are only five weeks of school left.  This is the time of year when supervision and sticking to your routines become most important.  Students should know that we are not done yet.  There is still much to do and learn in the next few weeks.

This week is a busy week with a final opportunity to wrap up your work on CIPA Monday afternoon before our day-long session on May 5, ARK testing for grades 2-8, and the GABIE bus for our younger students.  Please remember that I told students no homework on Monday.  This is mostly for younger students because parents typically help them and we want parents to attend the PTCO meeting Monday night.  Please come and join us at 6:30 pm.  There is much to learn as we discuss what PTCO has done for us this year, meet the new members of the PTCO Executive Board, review the revision to the PTCO Bylaws, and hear from me about the enhancements to security planned for next year.  I plan to talk about enhancements to the front entrance, upgrades to our Raptor system which includes emergency alerts, and having an armed security guard present during school hours.  I will also share this through Tidbits on Thursday.  We end this coming week with a very special event for our 2nd-grade students when they received First Holy Communion on Saturday.  

I will be out on Friday at the final principal's meeting of the year at the Bethany Center.  Mary will be here and I can always be reached by text.  

Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...