Sunday, October 23, 2022

Humility



 ...the one who humbles himself will be exalted. Lk 18:14 

Today at Mass, Fr. Anthony once again challenged everyone to pray the Litany of Humility.  He said it was a difficult prayer and I can understand why.  I sometimes hesitate when praying the Our Father because of a few words that are in.. forgive my trespasses as I forgive others.  I would prefer God forgave me better than I sometimes forgive others.  After reading this litany, I found it even more difficult.  Imagine asking that everyone be put before us in every way.  It seems contrary to everything we hear -- be the best, rise to the top, seek reward, etc.  Imagine living as we called to live and ask that we remain unnoticed.  The prayer is at the bottom, and in echoing Fr. Anthony, I challenge you to pray it.  This is also a good time to reflect on our Faith Dev. Plans.  Are you doing what you said you would do?  Have you started that book you were going to read?  Are you praying daily when you are alone?  Are you reading the Bible each day?  Keep your goals present and reflect each day on your achievements toward reaching those goals.  

Reminders for this week:
  • Monday's PLC has been changed to a subject area PLC since the last one was cancelled due to the hurricane.  If you teach math, please meet in Anthony's room and if you teach ELA, please meet in Heather's room.  Mary will join the ELA group and I will join the Math group.  Since PK-2nd teach both, I am going to ask that you all join the math group as we are focused on that subject this year.  Connor will join the ELA group.  
  • Everyone has shared with me what the students will wear on Nov. 1.  If you have not done so already, be sure you are doing your Saints' lesson this week and students must know by Monday what they need to wear.  Parents should also be emailed by tomorrow what the expectations are for dressing on Nov. 1.
  • Friday is a noon dismissal.  Teachers will work on CIPA in the afternoon.  Chairpersons should let their members know where you would like to meet.  I will work on the final items this week that people have asked for so you have it for Friday.  Mary and Heather will visit each of the Domain groups to check on your progress and I will be available for questions/evidence.  I can say that based on the emails I have received and listening to people in the office talk about evidence, it is clear that everyone is doing their part with CIPA and I am very grateful for your support and how you've all made this a priority.  
  • Friday is also Marvelous Mustang.  Many of you still have not chosen your student.  Please do this on Monday and remember to let the parents know.  If you are an Encore teacher, please cc the homeroom teacher so they know to send that student to the Media Center in the morning.
  • Friday is Trunk or Treat.  Please stop by if you are able.  Students love seeing teachers/staff at these events.  Trust me, when they see you, you will feel like a movie star.  
  • Finally, Oct. 31 is Halloween.  Be sure to go over jean day rules this week.  On that day, students may wear blue/black jeans or PE shorts (nothing else) and a halloween/fall colors shirt, any spirit shirt, or their PE shirt.  
Thank you for being amazing!  Have a great week.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice

 This is something you will be hearing a lot this week... Be Nice as we enter into..... (drum roll) Be Nice Book Fair Week!!!    A big thank...