Sunday, August 8, 2021

Welcome Back!

 Good morning!  I hope everyone is enjoying the remaining hours of summer break before The Arrival.  Last night I dreamed about Open House and a student wanted me to go visit a classroom with her.  I had no idea who she was because she wasn't wearing a mask and I didn't recognize her.  I'm hoping that doesn't really happen but in my dream, and in my reality, I was very excited to see all the smiling faces.  

I was at school on Saturday and all the classrooms look great!  Thank you for your hard work this past week and I hope you feel prepared for the first week of school.  While the inside of the building was ready, the outside was not quite ready.  But then... some Caring for Creation happened!  I came with my husband and another person and we pulled all the weeds out of the playground mulch where the swings and monkey bars are, as well as some other areas.  Nicki, Erin Black, and Johnny also came and did some weeding and gardening work.  Isabel was there with her husband power washing little houses on the PK playground.  Things look much better now!  Big shout-outs to all who helped!  Please tell the children to be careful on the swings.  After the weeds were gone, it was clear there is not enough mulch and Duffy is putting in a rush order on Monday.  Duffy also asked that we move our soccer goals.  The goals need to be closer to the fence away from the building where the internet wires are located.  We can move them Monday morning.  

On Friday, I reshared the schedule folder and alerted everyone to check their schedule again.  A few changes were made (that the teachers are aware of) and I added some clarity to the K-5 schedules.  We are still looking for an Extended Day person for middle school so please let us know if you know anyone who may be interested.  

On Monday, I will visit the Middle School classes in the morning and then stay to help with the Encore teacher visits.   I will also stop by PK and K in the morning.  In the afternoon I will visit grades 1-5.  I don't have a specific schedule so if you see me come in, please finish your thoughts at that moment then pause so I can speak with the students.  I won't stay longer than 5 minutes.  

Please be sure you are ready for the Morning Show Monday morning.  Jamie sent an email with the information you need.  If you have any questions, I will be at school today before Open House so feel free to stop by and know that my door is always open if you have any questions or concerns.  Don't forget PTCO is providing breakfast Monday morning.  Thank you to Erin Black, Nicki Gallagher, and all the PTCO members who helped!!

HAVE A GREAT FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice

 This is something you will be hearing a lot this week... Be Nice as we enter into..... (drum roll) Be Nice Book Fair Week!!!    A big thank...