Monday, February 18, 2019

Welcome to the 3rd Trimester


Related imageThank you to all the Presidents for their service to our country and for giving us the gift of a 3 day weekend.  I hope everyone enjoyed theirs.  I had a lot of great feedback from Friday's articulation.  The groups that met at St. Stephen had some good things to say about the day.  I hope all your sessions were as good as ours.  I believe that with our feedback to the Diocese about Friday, they will continue to have these opportunities in the future.  It was much better than sitting and listening to experts.  We, too, are experts at what we do and this was a great opportunity to share and learn from each other.  For those of you who led a session at St. Stephen, please remember to send your notes to me from your meeting.   



On Friday I received a very nice picture from some of the middle school teachers as they sat on the beach after their meeting.  I too was able to share a picture of my day, and it was also a picture pertaining to nature.  Last week Paula came and told me they had a few bugs in the classroom.  After Massey came out and after Allen took down the bulletin board in Traci's room, we discovered that a few bugs was actually a whole village of subterranean termites.  (I have the picture if anyone would like to see it.)  Allen said the bulletin board was like filet mignon to them.  I'm so glad we made them happy.  Maria also had a small termite resort in her room.  Evidently, she was only serving ground beef.  My two favorite comments that day were:
#1 Maria - can I come to school?  We are studying insects and I want some samples.  Umm no.  (I think she was joking.)
#2 The termite man - Did you see they had wings?  (Me - yes)  That means they were getting ready to swarm.  You know when they swarm in a class full of kids, the kids usually scream.  (Me - you think?!!) 
The termites should be gone.  The cost to treat is ridiculous but necessary.  Be sure to promote our raffle sale coming up! 

I saw the two new fences on either side of the breezeway before I left on Friday.  There was an issue with the gates and they had to go back to be fabricated properly.  Therefore we may or may not have gates tomorrow.  I will give you an update after I speak with Allen and Tom. 

As we begin the new trimester, look where you are in your curriculum maps and what you still need to cover before the end of the year and plan appropriately.  Remember to plan for assessments and keep in mind the rule of 4.  Four formatives for each summative and Four summatives.  Have a great week. 
Image result for rule of 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...