Sunday, February 24, 2019

It's Terra Nova Time!

Here's your first Terra Nova test question...

Where would you rather be right now?
Image result for terra nova test

If we've done our job right, all should go well.  Just remember to Keep Calm and have plenty of sharpened pencils. 

Raffle tickets will go home on Thursday.  Once again I ask that you rally the troops and encourage everyone to participate.  If every family did their part we could raise about $26,000.  Sadly it will be a push to raise $15,000.  Let's see if we can be All In!!  My hope was that this fundraiser would help support fobs for the FLC, however, that was before termites and alarms that never stop beeping (which I believe we have resolved).  Therefore, we really need to raise closer to $30,000 if we want to support the FLC. 

Noon dismissal on Friday is followed by parent conferences.  Every core subject teacher should be here on Friday meeting with parents.  For some parents, a conference should not be an option (see Gina's email regarding Monday's PLC meetings).  Full-time Encore teachers can use this time to work on unit plans.  All full-time teachers are expected to be here until at least 3:30 unless you have requested time off.  Be sure to send your schedule to the front office.  If you plan to be here after 4 p.m., you will need to tell your parents to come in through Extended Day.  Alert the staff there so they know who to expect and can direct them to your room.  Angel's Wing teachers will need to be creative as we cannot prop the gate open.  I would suggest you tell parents to come in through the front office and then Extended Day.  You can prop open the door to Angel's Wing after 4. 

I'm going to ask that you make one change for your PLC groups for Monday in order to discuss Safe Environment Standards.  I will send a separate email addressing what I would like you to go over.  This comes as a result of my Thursday meeting at Tampa Catholic where we are working on Religion standards.  It's important that we cover those standards each year.  I will also share with you in my email how some schools cover these standards (not everyone uses Family Life).  Therefore, I would like Early Childhood (PreK - 2) to meet as a group.  It will help when discussing safe environment (especially since both 2nd grade teachers are new) and it will help when discussing some of the students to get some background from prior grades.  I would like Jamie to join this group and discuss our input for the struggling students.  I would like Melissa, Julianne, and Alton to join the Middle School group with me. 

Next Tuesday, March 5, is our Pancake Dinner and Mardi Gras celebration.  Please make every effort to be there and support this.  This fundraiser is exclusively to support fobs for the FLC.  Encourage your students and families to attend.

On a personal note, last weekend watching our 8th graders receive the sacrament of Confirmation touched me more than most years.  It reminded me that Prince's day is almost here.  This coming Saturday at the 4:30 Mass he will be Confirmed, receive his First Communion, and be a member of the Catholic church.  His saint name is St. Joseph, patron saint of workers and immigrants - quite fitting! 

Image result for terra nova test keep calm

No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...