Sunday, August 14, 2016

Only Love


Shaggy-Only-Love-2015-1200x1200.png (1200×1200)
I have been thinking about our retreat and how interesting it was that our presenter talked about virtues.  One virtue that came up time and time again was love.  Love was how we started our week together on Wednesday during pre-planning and also one of the things we ended with.  I would like this to be our main theme this year.... Love.  At our first faculty meeting in Sept. we will decide as a group what other virtues we will focus on, but I think we can all agree that Love is a great place to start.  Let us all show love in everything we do and when parents come to grumble, don't react.... don't get defensive.... don't say something you can't take back.... but instead.....  Kill them with kindness...   ONLY LOVE!
I would like to inform parents about after school activities available to the students.  If you moderate a club that meets outside the school day, please write up a description for this week's tidbits.  Include the following:
  • Name of the club/activity
  • Brief description
  • Days/times you meet
  • Location
  • Start date
  • Moderator(s) name
  • Grades that can apply/join
  • Cost if applicable
If you are ready for students to sign up, you may also send a flyer to go home with sign-up info.  If you are not ready to begin, indicate when students will be able to sign up.  

happening-clipart-HeresWhatsHappening.jpg (625×307)
Week two and here we go.  It's going to be a busy one.  

Monday
  • Faculty prayer in the center hall at 7:30 a.m.
  • Unit plans and back to school info due by 8 a.m.
  • All school mass at 2 p.m. in FLC
  • Faculty meeting at 3:30 in Krista's room (iReady with Jamie then time to prepare for Tuesday night)
Tuesday
  • PTCO meeting at 5:30 in FLC
  • Back to school night in classrooms begins at 6:30 - all teachers should be present
Wednesday
  • Club activity descriptions due to Linda by 8 a.m.
  • Since there is no mass today, Charles will look at the schedules and help K-5 adjust where possible moving Monday p.m. classes to Wednesday.  I will work with Middle School.  
Thursday and Friday
  • Nothing I can think of right now :)
AT the PTCO meeting Tuesday night, I will be talking about where we are with curriculum, the move to SBG, and construction progress.  I will also address how I feel about Facebook, gossip, and negativity.  And I'm sure you all know how I feel by now.  I have already seen and addressed our first facebook nasty.  I will continue to confront anyone who brings a dark cloud and I will kill them with kindness.

Have a great week and I will be in and out of classrooms to see what wonderful and amazing things you are all doing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...