Sunday, September 13, 2026

AI - Is it really a good thing?

 I keep telling everyone I've seen The Terminator.  I know how this ends.  Here is what I've heard over the past week.  First, I heard that a delegation of US cardinals went to CA to talk to AI developers and essentially ask them to stop, out of concern for the dignity of the human worker.  After the meeting, the cardinals warned that there is the potential for millions to lose their jobs in the next 20 years.  I then went to a principal's meeting where I was told we have to graduate students who are AI-ready in order to compete in the future job market.  Today I am reading that the House Speaker is insisting that developers are responsible for product safety.  I should hope so.  It leaves us sitting here wondering: how do we embrace this when some schools are throwing laptops out the window?  Time will tell.

This was Holy Card Weekend, and the card to look for is St. Michael the Archangel.  No other card should be accepted unless there was an error in the distribution, which does sometimes happen.  

Here is what's happening this week:

  • Tuesday evening is the first PTCO General meeting.  Thank you to those who signed up.  
  • High school reps will be here Thursday to entice our 8th graders to apply to their school.  
  • Friday is our first Marvelous Mustang.  Please be sure you have informed the parents if you chose their child (homeroom AND encore teachers).  
Other than that, it's a quiet week.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

AI - Is it really a good thing?

 I keep telling everyone I've seen The Terminator .  I know how this ends.  Here is what I've heard over the past week.  First, I he...