Good evening. I hope everyone enjoyed the sunshine this weekend after so much rain. It's week two, and students should be settling into their routines. Thank you all for a truly great first week of school. I come to school with a smile every day, but this week, I also left with a smile. I've had some great collaborative conversations regarding PBL ideas, and I appreciate the enthusiasm in bringing these experiences to the students.
Tuesday will be busy with pictures, an after-school faculty meeting, and then back-to-school night. For our faculty meeting, we will be participating in a Zoom meeting with Mary Camp to discuss our 3rd-Year Review visit in October. It starts promptly at 3:30 pm, so please try to come to Heather's room right after carline.
I was reading a blog about back-to-school night tips, and one I thought was very cool is having a piece of student work from week one on their desk (for gr. K-5). The teacher who wrote it is a 1st grade teacher, and she copied a paper that said, "Let me tell you about 1st grade." Not necessarily a math quiz, but just their thoughts about their new grade. Gives something for parents to look at while waiting for others to arrive.
Other than that, it will be a quiet week. I will be out on Friday at a principals' meeting. Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment