Sunday, February 11, 2024

Touchdown!

 Yes, coach, I knew enough not to say homerun! However, I will admit I have no idea who is playing today, BUT.... I do know who's performing!  Usher baby!  Therefore I just may be watching at least the first half of the game. 

Speaking of champions, Nicki, Vylam, Mandy, and other volunteers are MY champions.  Angel's was beautiful!  The most elegant Jungle I've ever seen.  AND we were also treated to the lovely voice and sounds of Denet and her husband performing at the Gala.  It was certainly a fun night for all.  Ranger Ken hunted down the wild ones roaming the gym for a quick photo op.  He found every one except Mary and Lane.  They may have been off at the watering hole.  

On a more serious note, can you believe Trimester II ends on Friday?  Be sure you are not having a bunch of last minute tests to get in your required numbers.  Most summatives for this trimester should be completed by now.  The 8th graders will be taking a national test on Monday morning.  The data becomes part of a score card for the country.  Wednesday is Ash Wednesday and Valentine's Day.  If you are doing exchanges for Valentine's Day, please do it on Tuesday or late in the day on Wednesday so that the children just take home what they have since some may be fasting.  This is not required of most of our students, but some may choose to start their lenten sacrifice.  

I shared by email yesterday, that calculators will be allowed on the Terra Nova this year.  More details to follow.  At my principals' meeting on Friday, I was told that the sign-ups for the March PD will be out on Monday.  We will let you know as soon as we get them.  They also talked briefly about the upcoming solar eclips on April 8.  Pretty much all that was said was, "Here we go again!"  One bishop in Florida (not ours) wanted to close schools that day so children would not go blind.  Anyway, more details to follow :)   


Enjoy the game for those who are watching.  Go Usher!


Oops!  I mean, Go 49eifs!





No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...