Sunday, April 10, 2022

Palm Sunday

 This morning I sat and listen to the Gospel reading and thanked our Lord for the sacrifice he made so that we may be saved.  I was also reminded how insignificant my own crosses are in comparison to what Jesus was made to bare for our salvation.  Later in the day I learned that one of our own, Brian Laxton, a former instructional assistant at St. Stephen, was called home to be with our Lord.  He was a young man of about 26 years old and my heart goes out to his family for the cross they are called to carry as then mourn the loss of this kind, beautiful soul.  Please keep the Laxton family in your prayers.  His funeral is April 20 at 11 am in St. Stephen church.  

This Thursday during our retreat, you will all be amazed at how awesome our 7th graders and 6th grade choir members are when they present the living stations of the cross.  I had so many compliments Friday night after their presentation.  Thank you to all who played a part in it.  

Please be sure to check the calendar for other events this week.  The faculty meeting tomorrow will just be for all K-8 homeroom teachers and ESE support personnel (if you could all stay that would be great) to go over administering the ARK test.  It should be a brief meeting. If you have any questions about the retreat, let me know.  I wish you all a WONDERFUL and much deserved Easter Break!




No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...