Sunday, March 27, 2022

Blue and Yellow Day

 


Happy Sunday everyone.  The School will be having a Blue and Yellow non-uniform day in support of the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine on Friday, April 1.  We are asking that each student pay $1 to have free dress and wear the colors blue and yellow, the colors of the Ukrainian flag.  Students should give the $1 to their teacher Friday morning.  Please send the money down with the runners.  (Karen, please put an envelope in each HR teacher's mailbox labeled "Ukraine" before Friday.)  The funds will be sent to Catholic Relief Services to help with the work they are doing to support refugees.  This is optional, but we hope that everyone, including teachers and staff, will stand together in solidarity for our brothers and sisters in Ukraine.  I have sent an email home to the families, and I am also asking that each HR teacher talk it up this week with your class.  Also, keep reminding students to continue to add to their rice bowls. We are also having our final canned food drive this week for SVDP and I know they appreciate all you do to promote this in your class.  

This week I will work on the Triduum Retreat and get that information out to everyone.  We will continue with Confession on Wednesday this week and next.  

During the month of April (and maybe this week too), I will be conducting the second formal classroom observation.  I will be coming in as my schedule allows.  Please be sure your lesson plans are up-to-date so I can choose a day when you are not testing.  If something different than I am expecting is happening when I arrive, I may decide to come back another time which is perfectly fine.  

Thank you for all you continue to do this year for our students.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...