Monday, January 17, 2022

i-Ready and the 100th Day of School

 If you were wondering where we are in our 180 days of school, we are nearing the 100th day.  Thank you Kindergarten for always reminding us of this milestone.  This is also the week that most students will be completing the i-Ready diagnostic.  Please remind the students to do their best and that this is their opportunity to show us what they know.  Other than that, it seems to be a pretty typical week at St. Stephen.  

We are hoping that the Covid cases have peaked and will begin to drop.  While some of our students are testing positive, the good news is that they have not become seriously ill.  

On Saturday, our 8th graders became filled with the Gifts of the Holy Spirit in the Sacrament of Confirmation.  They all looked ready and excited to receive this gift.  Thank you Shaun for helping our students to prepare for this beautiful sacrament.  

I will end my blog today with some sad news but also a celebration of the gift that Gina has been to St. Stephen.  Gina shared with me that she does not plan to return to St. Stephen for the 2022-23 school year.  She is ready to embark on the next stage in her career.  Gina has been a vital member of our family since 2004 helping the school to grow from the first year we had a middle school, through a pandemic, and with preparing for the future.  When I think of all the things that Gina does for us, I know it will take someone special to fill her shoes.  With the experience she has gained here and with different opportunities available that meet her personal and family needs, it is time for Gina to continue her career beyond the walls of St. Stephen.  I am sure you all know how saddened I was when she told me, but I am also grateful for all the years of service she has given to the school, and I am truly excited about her next adventures.  We felt it was important that everyone heard this from us before I place an ad for her replacement.  I ask that you not discuss with parents until Gina has an opportunity to tell them in Tidbits this week.  Please join me in wishing her well as we spend our final months working together.

Have a joyous week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice

 This is something you will be hearing a lot this week... Be Nice as we enter into..... (drum roll) Be Nice Book Fair Week!!!    A big thank...