Sunday, January 26, 2020

Happy Catholic Schools Week!

As I sat down to write my blog this week, I wasn't sure where to begin.  There are so many things happening this week.  Then a word came to mind....  flexibility.  I found two definitions for the word: willingness to change or compromise (and there is a great deal of change in schedules this week which require we compromise some of our academic time) and the quality of bending easily without breaking.  I actually like the second one and I hope we don't break you when we ask you to bend to our requests.  This year is no different than other years and yet it seems that more and more we are asked to give up instructional time for other events.  I'm in the process of creating next year's calendar and I'm looking at how we can find more balance between academics and non-academic events.  I do not pretend to be an expert at this and I would like to put together a committee to work with me on this.  If you feel inspired to work on the calendar, please let me know.  It will need to be a few sessions after school when everyone is available.  If I have many volunteers, I will choose people so that there is representation at different grade levels and positions.  Send me an email by Wednesday to volunteer.  

I'd like to give a Hats Off to Julianne for creating the very cool video that was played at Mass this weekend.  Also, Hats Off to Gina for making my words in this week's bulletin article sound awesome.  

Remember to give a last push for the Walkathon on Friday so that we can meet our goal of $15,000.  And also remember to be flexible and enjoy all the events of CSW!  Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...