Sunday, November 25, 2018

Cleaning out the Clutter

Thanksgiving break was busy and yet I still managed to get in some fun.  I hope everyone was able to have some fun and rest as you reflected on all the things we have to be thankful for.  Last week was spent interview teachers, writing lesson plans, cleaning out files in my office, cleaning out closets to make room for Angels "stuff," and cleaning out electronic files.  In doing so, I came across many pictures from the past that brought a smile to my face.  I thought I would share some of these pictures from when I was teaching in middle school.  Some of you will remember these students...  (I tried to place these nicely on the page, but it's a scrambled mess.)  The pictures are on the bottom. 

Please be patient with Gina and I this week as we act as administrators and teachers.  We hope to hire someone soon.  School decorating should begin on Monday by PTCO.  Remind students to be careful walking by the trees.  Friday is Marvelous Mustang.  Please be sure to contact the parents of the student you are giving your award to.  It is not the homeroom teacher's responsibility. 

For our faculty meeting on Monday, I would like to begin as a whole group in the media center.  Julianne will briefly go over the Advent Retreat.  There are many new teachers and I think it would be wise to review together.  After that, we will split into two groups.  Group #1 will be grades PK - 2nd.  This will be a good opportunity for Carmen to become familiar with EC procedures and I would like the discussion to center on assessments and grading policies.  Gina will join you and I will talk to Maria and Gina as to what I would like you all to talk about.  Group #2 will be grades 4-8, Melissa, Jamie, and Encore teachers.  I will join you and the discussion will be assessments, grading, and rigor and how we cover all the standards. 

Thank you and have a good week.  4 weeks till Christmas Break!



Mrs. Nolan's Science Class
  

Colonial America presentations
      

My student teacher who taught most of my classes for a year (THAT was a great year!)
  
Student Council Trip to Ronald McDonald House 
Fr. Bill loved to go on field trips with us.  
  
Ringling Museum with Fr. Bill
When middle school students and teachers dressed like saints
   
More Saints or biblical people of some sort
Holy Land
Field Trip to the Holy Land 
  
         
Gina Robles' daughter Jessica (We actually had technology back then!)


 And, of course, my daughter Jessica breaking school rules again by wearing nail polish.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...