Sunday, October 28, 2018

Oh When The Saints...





Image result for i'm back I'm so happy to be back home after living out of a suitcase for a week.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  My visit home was sad and yet joy-filled.  It was wonderful seeing friends and family and being able to share memories of my mom as we said our final goodbye.  Dad has been waiting 15 years for her to join him and it was nice knowing they could be together again.  I was also able to sneak in a trip to my favorite deli and pastry shop and also visited the church in the Bronx where I received my first three sacraments - Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.  
      
After returning from NY, I joined Katie and Jennifer in Orlando at the Middle School Conference.  We all learned a lot and feel reinvigorated about teaching.  I came away feeling there are things we can do to reinvent middle school and I'm excited to start these conversations for next year.  My favorite workshop was "34 things you can do before referring a student to the office."  I came away thinking there's really only two things you need... "The Look" and "Withitness."  I'll be sharing more about that and other things I learned.  Here are some pictures from our conference...
   Oh yes, and this.  We really were working! 

Happenings for this week:
Faculty meeting in room 9 - This is a change because report cards are coming up and I want to review what you should be looking at. 
Related image
Wednesday is a Jean Day and Thursday is All Saints.  Mass is on Thursday this week.  I will be at the Bethany Center on Friday and Friday is the last day of the Trimester.  
Please send me your pictures from Saturday by 2 p.m. on Monday and one lucky winner will get a ticket to Angels.  It was great seeing so many of you at the Faith Fest.  The entertainment was great and it was awesome being with so many faith-filled people.  That and Jeremy Camp was pretty amazing.  
Have an awesome week!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...