Monday, February 19, 2018

Happy President's Day


Today is the day we honor all US presidents even though the federal government still calls it Washington's Birthday.  In 1879, Congress made Washington's Birthday a federal holiday.  In an effort to honor Abraham Lincoln, whose birthday is also in February, the holiday became known as President's Day.  I actually think it was the retail industry who changed the name which is why most people call today President's Sales Day.  Whatever  you call today, take a moment to remember our past leaders and pray for our current and future ones.  
Thank you to our 7th grade class who did a super job with Stations of the Cross.  It was prayerful and moving and as I left I heard only good things from the adults who were there.  Confirmation was beautiful and Bishop Parkes was awesome as always.  Thank you Krista for being the photographer for the event. I hope some of you will have the opportunity to take part in the Parish Lenten Mission Monday - Wednesday evening from 7:00 - 8:15 p.m.
Enjoy the short week.  Please email your conference schedule to me by Wednesday so I can inform the office.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...