Sunday, May 21, 2017

I'm hunting squirrels

         So you may be wondering why I'm hunting squirrels.  We lost power three times in the past 5 days.  The second time was when the alarm people were here fixing the beeping noises.  The third time was Saturday afternoon when I was trying to catch up with everything.  The building died and my computer sounded like it was going to explode.  As I sat in the dark listening to all the beeping noises I decided it was time to hunt squirrels.  TECO keeps telling us squirrels are causing the outages.  I think not.  My hope and prayer is that we will have power and internet when we return tomorrow.  

Before I was put into the dark, I got together all the summer work for printing and posting to the website.  Everything looks good.  I will share the files with everyone and put into teacher share in the morning.  I was cut off before I could do that.  Please look it all over to make sure I got everything.     

Things to do this week for teachers (You will have everything you need from us during the day or at the faculty meeting tomorrow.  Some things you already have.):

Bring handbook suggestions to faculty meeting
Review report cards 
Student supply lists to Charles
Start packing and some teachers will start moving
If you have lots of extra tissues, consider sharing with media center
Clean, clean, clean - Charles will do the white glove check at checkout
Submit your own supply list
Complete textbook inventory
Complete FOSS replacement order
Fill out book replacement form for missing textbooks

Keep a vigilant watch over children, especially on the playground.  Teachers should be in very close proximity to students - close enough to hear conversations and monitor shapes they may be designing in the mulch - don't ask.  Also, for the middle school recess, someone needs to replace Jamie on the playground.  

Thank you to everyone who made graduation go smoothly.  It was a great ceremony and a fun after party.  

Have a great week!!  


                                                         


                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

School's Out For Summer!

 These will be the words I will be singing down the hall on Friday.  While it's been a great school year in many ways, I will not be sad...